[BioSQL-l] Can I just consider import HGI.101403 to biosequence table?

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Wed Dec 17 11:23:26 EST 2003

On Wednesday, December 17, 2003, at 07:15  AM, Jim Liu wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I went to ftp://ftp.tigr.org/pub/data/tgi/Homo_sapiens/
> and downloaded HGI.release_13.zip.
> There are 4 data files:
>
> 479,047,691 HGI.101403
>   57,653,798 HGI.TC_EST.101403
>   12,629,591 HGI.TCs.101403
>   10,303,001 HGI.GO.101403
>
> I would like to import to MySQL database.
> I already applied BioSQL schema on MySQL.
> Can I just consider import HGI.101403 to biosequence table?

You'd also want to populate other tables. Generally I'd think you
should be able to import those data into biosql; whether or not you can
use the supplied tools to do it basically depends on whether there is a
bioperl SeqIO parser for the format. So, check whether the
SeqIO/tigr.pm XML parser is the one you need here; otherwise you could
still write your own.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org