[BioSQL-l] latest changes

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Wed Apr 2 19:19:25 EST 2003

I made the following changes, just to summarize:

	- added is_obsolete column to term
	- added term_synonym table (and FK constraints)
	- changed parent_/child_ prefix for seqfeature_relationship,
seqfeature_path, bioentry_relationship, bioentry_path foreign keys to
object_ and subject_, respectively
	- added a primary key column to term_path

The last one (term_path_id in term_path) is somewhat artifactual, in
many respects motivated by the bioperl object model where
Ontology::Path is its own object, not just an association (like
bioentry_relationship and seqfeature_relationship). Since there really
isn't a fundamental reason why Ontology::Path should be the only object
which is not identifiable by primary key, I think it is OK to obviate
the need for lots of special case code by just adding a PK column to
term_path. If you don't have an object corresponding to term_path, the
PK doesn't need to bother you.

Any objections, comments, or alternative suggestions?

I feel we're pretty close to release. Did I overlook anything?

My plan is to release a candidate first, and after that hanging around
for 2-3 weeks (and hopefully being used to reveal deficiencies), do the
final freeze. Does anyone feel uncomfortable calling that 1.0 right
away?

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org