[BioSQL-l] Re: [Open-bio-l] Re: Ontology names

Michael L. Heuer heuermh@acm.org
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:02:00 -0400 (EDT)

Rather than overload ontology_term, why not create new entities in the
datamodel to support ontology names?  I'd also propose an authority
entity:

authority --* domain (or namespace, or ontology_name) --* ontology_term

Authority should also be used for ontology_relationships

authority --* ontology_relationship

Note this provides legal LSIDs for instances of ontology_term:

       := <authority>:<namespace>:<ontology_term>:<version>

   michael