[BioSQL-l] bioentry: put molecule or division back?

Yves Bastide Yves.Bastide@irisa.fr
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 12:37:50 +0100

Hi all,

wht do people think about putting back the molecule in bioentry?  If I
understand correctly, it's not the same as the alphabet (e.g.
mulecule='mRNA', alphabet='dna')

Background: I'm storing blast results between local sequences and remote
nr or somesuch.  So I've got most of the bioentry data without the
sequence (*), often without GI, but with a molecule type.  And the user
may later ask for the full info: sequence data, annotations, references,
etc.  To use Entrez, I need to know its database, nucleotide or protein.
(nope, can't use biodatabase for this -- too easy)

yves

(*) Well, some of it, sure; but I've chosen currently to have a "hsp"
table with a "sbjct" field.  Ready to take advice on this, too :)