[BioRuby] Repeat Masker

Ben Woodcroft donttrustben at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 03:28:06 UTC 2014

Hi Andrei,

Sounds great, and good to see you have test code included. I remember
wanting this functionality a few years back.

I had a quick look at your code and it seems like what you've done would be
a great candidate for a biogem (see http://biogems.info). As a biogem you
get much more control over the direction of the source code, and don't have
to wait until your code gets merged into mainline bioruby before other
people can easily re-use your code through rubygems - you can release your
own bio-repeatmasker gem.

ben

On 11 January 2014 04:24, Andrei Rozanski <andrei at ruivo.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Im working on RepeatMasker output raw files** parser. **(
> http://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/hg19/bigZips/chromOut.tar.gz)
>
> Its nothing fancy and under development. However is becoming useful, to me
> at least :)
>
> Ill be glad if it could be used as one more bioruby feature.
>
> Please let me know if it helps.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Andrei Rozanski
>
> PS: already forked bioruby and started annotation according to
> https://github.com/bioruby/bioruby/blob/master/README_DEV.rdoc
>

> https://github.com/andreirozanski/bioruby/tree/master/lib/bio/db/repeatmasker

Ben Woodcroft
http://ecogenomic.org/users/ben-woodcroft <http://www.ecogenomic.org/>