[BioRuby] Ruby installation

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Apr 30 15:36:35 UTC 2014

FWIW, Perl has been down this road, and I see history repeating itself unfortunately.  I’ve started looking into alternate solutions for these things myself; for perl there is Pinto, but as a more generic solution Docker seems very promising for this:

    https://www.docker.io

Re: Software Carpentry, they are very much a python/R-driven thing in our experience, for good or bad.

Just curious, but is this related to Ruby 1.7->Ruby 2?  I know the Python community is going through a bit of a similar situation with Python2->3 transition, in that uptake of Python3 isn’t going so well.

chris