[BioRuby] [Job] Systems Administrator / Hacker / Bioinformatician - 2 years, London

Iain Barnett iainspeed at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 14:59:11 UTC 2013

On 7 Nov 2013, at 19:27, Yannick Wurm wrote:

> Hey Iain,
>
> I know. I'm sorry. Being part of a big organization has advantages and disadvantages. Unfortunately I can't eliminate the standard HR-speak and processes...
>
> It should probably say "or equivalent". Its most likely that the people shortlisting would be looking at evidence of experience be it through degrees or other. If you do apply, please drop me a line so I'll check the filters are actually used pragmatically.
>
> Cheers,
> Yannick

Hi Yannick,

I must say, kudos to you for your reply. In the past, whenever I've pointed this out, the attitude has been more of "of course you need a degree" with the implication being that it must be the only worthwhile way to accrue skills and knowledge. Hmm…

No need to apologise, and please accept mine for being brusque.

Regards,
Iain