[BioRuby] ruby-2.0.0 and gem

Tomoaki NISHIYAMA tomoakin at kenroku.kanazawa-u.ac.jp
Fri May 17 07:40:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

Installing bioruby from gem on ruby-2.0.0 produced the following error.
I assume these are effectively harmless for normal operation,
but we should address in 1.4.4 or any next version.

It looks like the system tries to convert ChangeLog to document using RDoc,
which should just useless.
I still don't have found the right document of gem, RDoc systems...

Best regards,

/opt/appl/ruby2/bin/gem install bio
Fetching: bio-1.4.3.gem (100%)
Successfully installed bio-1.4.3
Parsing documentation for bio-1.4.3
Before reporting this, could you check that the file you're documenting
has proper syntax:

  /opt/appl/ruby2/bin/ruby -c ChangeLog

RDoc is not a full Ruby parser and will fail when fed invalid ruby programs.

The internal error was:

	(RangeError) integer 76984313719700134 too big to convert to `int'

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (RangeError)
    integer 76984313719700134 too big to convert to `int'
--
Tomoaki NISHIYAMA

Advanced Science Research Center,
Kanazawa University,