[BioRuby] BioRuby Grapics generator for D3

George Githinji georgkam at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 06:14:14 UTC 2013

@rob d3 would probably be a better fit for complicated plots. (graph
layouts,circos plots, hive-plots?) But I would be happy to see
something that integrates easily with jQuery or uses a similar
approach to render the graphics or could be easily extended with
plugins.

I also remembered that once upon a time we had bio::graphics
http://bio-graphics.rubyforge.org written largely by Jan.

The big challenge for this was the heavy dependency on
 -  cairo (cairographics.org), to do the actual drawing.
 -  pango (www.pango.org), to do the high level text drawing.
and it was also a little trick it make it work on Windows.

It also has not been updated for years.