[BioRuby] Machine Algorithm in Bioruby.

Prasanna Bala balkiprasanna1984 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 16:51:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am working in Machine Learning algorithms related problems for more than
5 years. Yet I am fairly skeptical about my knowledge. I am also beginner
in Bio Ruby programming. I would like to know if there any implementation
in Bio Ruby for hard core machine learning problems related to
Bioinformatics. Very specifically using Naive Bayesian, HMM, SVD, SVM. We
know there are some good tools like WEKA, Mahout, Rapid miner present for
this. However I found them to be in predominantly in Java and not specific
for Bioinformatics. What is the role and development of Ruby specifically
in Bio Ruby in ML algorithms and Big Data analytics.

Regards,
Prasanna