[BioRuby] SciRuby Fellowship Applications due October 31st (please forward widely)

John Woods john.woods at marcottelab.org
Mon Oct 15 18:05:27 UTC 2012

BioRubyists, I would be immensely grateful if you could help me distribute
this to interested students. While it's targeted at graduate students, we
will accept any student researchers, and even post-docs potentially.

http://sciruby.com/blog/2012/09/24/sciruby-receives-ruby-association-grant--fellowships-available/

We are incredibly pleased to announce that the Ruby Association has awarded
us a 1,000,000 JPY grant, which we want to use to hire fellows to work on
NMatrix, our Ruby matrix library.

We plan to provide each fellow with a monthly stipend competitive with her
or his home institution (e.g., if research assistants in your graduate
program typically receive $1,500 per month, your stipend with us would be
$1,500 per month).

Tenure length is typically a semester or a quarter, depending on the system
used at your home institution.

Fluency in Ruby and C/C++ is highly recommended.

Please write me back if you have any questions.

Cheers,
John Woods
Director, SciRuby Project