[BioRuby] GSoC week 2 status report

Clayton Wheeler cswh at umich.edu
Thu May 24 05:33:40 UTC 2012

Thanks for the offers of help, everybody. Raoul, if it's convenient for you to set up a test VM in house, that would probably make the most sense. I don't think it's a pressing need at this point, but let's look into that.

If we run into issues, we can revisit the EC2 options. (I've had an AWS account too long to qualify for the free usage tier, unfortunately.) An Amazon grant might be worth looking at, especially if we can use it to publicly host, say, BGZF-compressed pre-indexed MAF data sets also. On the other hand, that might be overkill just for my needs; using spot-priced instances, I expect I could do all the testing I need for under $50.

Clayton Wheeler
cswh at umich.edu