[BioRuby] [GSoC][BAM] Weekly report No. 0

Artem Tarasov lomereiter at googlemail.com
Sun May 6 19:56:50 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I wrote a few words about what I've done last week:
http://lomereiter.wordpress.com/2012/05/06/gsoc-weekly-report-0/

The code is available at github: https://github.com/lomereiter/BAMread/
I already started to write code planned for the first week so as to have
more time in June for exam preparation.
Opening BAM and parsing SAM header works, and is available from Ruby, and
now I need to write some tests and documentation. Also, I described
some compile-time metaprogramming tricks in D which I use to reduce
duplication in the code.

I'd be grateful for some small BAM files, 1-50 kilobytes in size, with
non-empty headers, for testing purposes.

--
Artem