[BioRuby] [GSoC] weekly report #4

Artem Tarasov lomereiter at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 11 17:25:48 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

here's my weekly report:
http://lomereiter.wordpress.com/2012/06/11/gsoc-weekly-report-4/

I've added BAM output support (not parallelized yet) and alignment
creation/modification - changing fields, adding tags, and replacing
existing ones.

Thus, the library has a lot of features at the moment, and I started
documenting them on github wiki.

Also I found out that there's a great tool in DMD distribution, called
rdmd, which allows to execute D files as scripts, by just adding
"#!/usr/bin/rdmd" at the top. It will automatically compile all needed
files and run executable. That dramatically simplifies library usage, no
need to write cumbersome makefiles.

The examples are at
https://github.com/lomereiter/BAMread/wiki/Getting-started
You can try to write your own script if you wish, follow the instructions
in the wiki.

Also, as my library now is able to write BAM, the current project title is
quite misleading.
So I'd like to hear suggestions on renaming :)

--
Artem