[BioRuby] GSoC weekly status report No.2

Marjan Povolni marian.povolny at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 21:07:18 UTC 2012

http://blog.mpthecoder.com/post/24355573626/gsoc-weekly-status-report-no-2

It’s the end of the second week of GSoC and time for a new report.

I spent the last week mostly doing work based on criticism from my mentor.
The D parser which parses lines into records is now in a pretty good shape,
and tested. Today I received a list of new issues that need to be resolved
before going further, but they’re not that much work and I can plan some
new developments.

A utility for validation is in planning for next week, which could be also
used for performance measurement. And after that I will turn to making the
current parser parallel.

Also, tomorrow I’ll be defending my Masters Thesis, after which I should be
able to concentrate more on the GFF3 parser.