[BioRuby] BioRuby Digest, Vol 77, Issue 20

Raoul Bonnal bonnal at ingm.org
Fri Feb 24 07:37:50 UTC 2012

On 23/02/12 19.37, "Yannick Wurm" <yannick.wurm at unil.ch> wrote:

> On 23 Feb 2012, at 17:00, bioruby-request at lists.open-bio.org wrote:
> George
> have summarised some of the points raised during irc meeting:
> here at
> http://bioruby.open-bio.org/wiki/Bioruby_site_Re-styling
>
> About :" support
> example code snippets that can be run from the browser
> * it would be great
> if we had a set of tutorials that users can follow in
> the browser"
> starting point is http://bioruby.open-bio.org/wiki/BioRubyOnRails,  I
> think
> Katayama did it.

Apologies for chiming in a bit late. I fully agree that
> having something along these lines set up can greatly facilitate bioruby
> adoption.

 * people should be able to test it without having to install
> anything. (I recently tried running the BioRubyOnRails & failed).
 *
It was developed a long time ago and Ror is great but life time cycle of
each release is very short.

>* making it idiot-proof  (e.g. having an "upload flatfile"
> button... and then autogenerating the appropriate file loading code) can help
> further...

Good point we could also present a set of tutorials/docs related with the
file type uploaded: ok you uploaded this filetime and now the related docs
is 1,2,3,4...n