[BioRuby] Restyling BioRuby.org

Marjan Povolni marian.povolny at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 20:03:53 UTC 2012

> BioRuby developers could be “redirected” to biogems.info/tutorial or
> incorporate it into the site. If I remember correctly Jan wrote guide lines
> on howto use git for developing bioruby, that kind of docs could be used as
> inspiration for the new docs.
>

> http://saaientist.blogspot.com/2008/06/bioruby-with-git-how-would-that-work.html
>
> http://nsaunders.wordpress.com/2011/08/05/bioruby-development-feedback-on-using-git/
> http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/bioruby/2008-September/000700.html

That sounds like a page for potential contributors, with instructions on
how to contribute. That should definitely be a part of the new website.

Is there anything else the active developers could use in their development
effort, or maybe something to stay in touch with the community and what are
others doing? Any ideas? Or is the ML doing a good job?

I would also like to see a similar page like the GSoC page on wiki, but
incorporated into the new site, maybe even with a link like "Need a
challenge?" on the front page, or the page for contributors. The purpose
would be to list feature descriptions that somebody would like to see
implemented but has no time to do it, but still would be available for some
mentoring. I can see myself handing out the link to my future students
which would like to learn more, or get some experience while doing
something useful. Would anybody in the developer community be interested in
supporting something like this? Or would the mentoring part be too much
work?

--
Marjan Povolni