[BioRuby] Restyling BioRuby.org

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Mon Feb 20 11:40:06 UTC 2012

Hi Naohisa,

> I personally don't feel strong dissatisfaction with the current
> http://bioruby.org/ website, although I agree it is not the
> best ideal state,

Good.

> and I don't have strong motivation to discuss about the topic unless
> new website candidate is sent by someone.

Bad.

This is bad, because you are asking for someone to do (a lot of)
work, without any guarantee that it will be used. Do you see why no
one will respond to this query?

Leadership sets the tone of things. What are your ideas, to start
with? It is not a discussion per se.

> So, please send new site html contents.
> Current contents is now on th GitHub.
> https://github.com/ngoto/bioruby.org-webpage
> Writing new pages without using current contents is also welcomed.

Better.

Based on this response, my questions are:

1. Who is in charge of the website - is it You? So you are
   effectively Mr BioRuby now?

2. What is the process to get the new website approved?

3. Can it be a democratic process?

I doubt you will approve of just any new website :)