[BioRuby] [GSoC] weekly report #11

Artem Tarasov lomereiter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 05:14:02 UTC 2012

Hello all,

here's my latest report about work on sambamba:
http://lomereiter.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/gsoc-weekly-report-11/

* simple internal DSL for filtering was introduced in bindings
https://github.com/lomereiter/bioruby-sambamba/blob/master/features/filtering.feature
)
* BAM output support was added to filtering tool (sambamba view)
* man pages for all tools were created
* a script was written for building Debian packages and uploading them to
Github
* Debian packages for v0.2.1 are added to Github downloads (for both i386
and amd64)

Now the goal is to make those tools accessible at Galaxy Tool Shed, and
also this week I plan to optimize memory usage -- buffer sizes are quite
large now, and the task is to find out how much they can be reduced without
significant impact on performance.