[BioRuby] Nightly build testing, was: Broken link on wiki installation page

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Thu Sep 22 05:21:48 UTC 2011

Hi Peter,

It is for reason of limited installs we have meta-packages.
Meta-packages provide a sense of stability, and is what most users
will install.

I suggest testing for:

  - bio
  - bio-core, which contains core pure ruby biogems
  - bio-core-ext, which contains non-pure ruby biogems
    (extensions)

anything worth testing will be in there. We can help create the test
scripts for those packages.

Also, it looks like the testing environment should be hosted in a
ready made VM image. I can create a CloudBioLinux flavour for that.
Once we know what to install. I will also want tests for biolib_hpc,
when that gets production ready (btw). It is a long standing wish on
my end to get this sorted.

Pj.