[BioRuby] BioRuby forester GSoC project

Rutger Vos rutgeraldo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 11:58:45 UTC 2011

Hi Chris,

I think this looks like a great project (I was just looking at it
apparently before you hit submit, because it looks more polished now).
The only thing I don't understand - but that's just me being a newbie
- is whether or not there might be problems depending on where objects
that are passed into forrester come from. I.e. could any subclass of
Bio::Tree be passed into that? Is it simply a matter of following the
advertised "interfaces" (sorry, that's java-esque) or are there other
things to take into account. Other than that, this would be a very
cool advance if this became possible.

Cheers,

Rutger

--