[BioRuby] Programmatic interfaces to online-only bioinformatic tools

Ben Woodcroft donttrustben at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 00:09:16 UTC 2011

Hi Raul,

Thanks for the tips - I've added a README and moved things around in the
tree as per your suggestion, and uploaded to github.

I originally put the code in lib/bio-cnls_screenscraper.rb was because that
is the file that was created as part of the biogem process. Would changing
the default to lib/bio/cnls_screenscraper.rb be sensible? Isn't the same
true of the tests? I moved test/bio-cnls_screenscraper.rb to
test/bio/cnls_screenscraper.rb as well.

I think it unlikely that my code will make it into the bioruby main tree,
because of the dependence on the webserver (as well as the usual reasons for
not including my code!). The reason I used biogem was that it created an
environment where I could write a distinct chunk of bioruby-associated code
rapidly. The results will hopefully be published soon (how to cite biogem?)
and I wanted to make the code available. Slotting it into the bioruby main
tree isn't something I much care about.

I'm a bit confused by what you mean by "add your case study to the README".
Perhaps when the DocTeam make the public announcement that will become
clearer.

Thanks,
ben

--