[BioRuby] tutorial

Toshiaki Katayama ktym at hgc.jp
Thu Mar 3 20:16:52 UTC 2011

On 2011/03/04, at 4:25, Chris Fields wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2011, at 12:10 PM, Toshiaki Katayama wrote:
>> Sadly, Wiki have it's own weakness that we still have attacked everyday. This is really annoying.
>> I have no reaction from OBF support team yet about the idea of introducing authorization to create new wiki account.
>
> That may be due to our current tendency to migrate services off open-bio servers to something that removes the maintenance burden from OBF, namely our current move of CVS off dev.open-bio.org to github or elsewhere, and our in-progress move of bugzilla to redmine (yes, we are switching at some point).
>
> That being said, the plugins for authorization via mediawiki are present I believe, as well as several systems to help prevent spam.

I understand they are very busy and working as volunteers, but I just requested to the OBF helpdesk again. :)
If OBF will discontinue the mediawiki service or they are so busy to support, we'll consider to setup our own.

>> P.S.
>> What is the b/c?
>
> Short for 'because'.

Added to my dic, thanks!

I also thank for your subsequent posts on this thread, but I'd like to close the discussion (from my side) for now.
I'd like to see what happens with the doc team and I need to sleep (it's 5AM).

Toshiaki