[BioRuby] ActiveRecord classes for BioSQL?

Daniel Lundin daniel.lundin at scilifelab.se
Mon Aug 22 08:18:34 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a couple of Rails applications that will one way or
another be dependent on taxonomy and sequence data stored in a BioSQL
schema database. For this I need to develop some (rather simple)
ActiveRecord classes. I would of course like to be able to have the
BioSQL schema loaded in some other database than the main application
database, possibly using a different db engine on another computer.

I'm a little concerned about the best way of packing up the classes (a
Rails plugin seems best) and how to best deal with the fact that these
classes will use another db connection than the main app.

Is anyone doing something similar and can share experiences?

Something like this would be nice to have in BioRuby, I think.

/Daniel

--
Daniel Lundin, Postdoc
SciLifeLab, School of biotechnology,