[BioRuby] A new plugin: BioRuby UCSC API

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Mon Apr 25 09:33:28 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 11:33:17AM +0200, Raoul Bonnal wrote:
> We need to update the wiki to make a list of active plugins new etc...

I have created a new page:

  http://bioruby.open-bio.org/wiki/BioRuby_Plugins

which simply lists current, stable, developed, and maintained plugins.

Plugin authors are encouraged to keep the information up-to-date, and
add their plugin as soon as it is committed to rubygems.

Field names still need consolidation, I propose to use:

Bio-BlastXMLParser - a fast (low-memory) parser for BLAST XML output
* Install: gem install bio-blastxmlparser
* Depends: Ruby >1.9, nokogiri
* Documentation: https://github.com/pjotrp/blastxmlparser
* Source: https://github.com/pjotrp/blastxmlparser
* Rubygem: https://rubygems.org/gems/bio-blastxmlparser
* Developer(s): Pjotr Prins

I know some people favour standardizing plugin names to bio-plugin,
which is probably a good idea on rubygems (so you can search for
bio-*). Otherwise, I don't think it is so important. It is more
important we start 'blessing' plugins from BioRuby itself.