[BioRuby] Plug in system

Raoul Bonnal bonnalraoul at ingm.it
Mon May 3 08:41:26 UTC 2010

How do we manage the plugin distribution and installation?
Do we plan to support gem or like Rails does ?
Using Rails' way, we need to adapt/port the plugin script and its generators.
Actually I prefer the Rails' plugin system, it seems to me more agile than creating and distributing gems if we consider github as our master contribution/distribution hub.
I think, at the beginning we can reuse only the rails init/config system.

Actually Rails is the main framework but I'd like to have your opinion on other frameworks available (ramaze).

Thanks.
--
Raoul J.P. Bonnal
Life Science Informatics