[BioRuby] GSOC 2010 preliminary proposal question

Sara Rayburn sararayburn at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 20:13:01 UTC 2010

Hello all. My name is Sara Rayburn. I'm a doctoral student at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. I am planning to submit a proposal to implement the speciation/duplication inference algorithm this summer. I'd like to tackle both the implementation and the extension to non-binary trees. In reading the posted reference on reconciliation in non-binary trees, there are two types of duplications referenced, required and conditional duplications. In an implementation of this approach, would it be better to identify only required duplications and clear speciations, or should there be an additional distinction for the conditional duplications?

I hope to post a preliminary project plan and proposal for feedback in the next couple of days. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Sara Rayburn
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
sararayburn at gmail.com