[BioRuby] [GSoC][NeXML and RDF API] Code Review.

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Fri Jun 25 06:51:58 UTC 2010

> > I notice you have limited test input data. How can you be really sure
> > your code works for all cases? How can you be really sure that future
> > changes to the code don't break?
>
> Right. I am working on improving the test suites taking lessons from the
> other bioruby test suites.

Unit tests are one approach. How about adding some regression tests
on larger files? When you have output that should be a good idea. We
don't like large datasets in the bioruby tree, but there are two ways
around that - create a special branch on github, or pull the data on
demand (though Naohisa may frown on that). Ask Diana what she has
done.

> Actually I have not done anything here. I will benchmark and profile the
> code and discuss the results here.

Diana created a special profiling branch. It was really helpful to
profile.