[BioRuby] R: R

Raoul Bonnal bonnalraoul at ingm.it
Wed Jul 28 16:07:53 UTC 2010

Hi Chris,

Which project are you talking about?
I did a quick check to the code, I suppose no C bindings but I'm not sure.

RinRuby: from my feeling it opens a socket on the R command and pipe the R's command to it, locally or remotely, but I think the features are limited.

Rserve-Ruby-client: it's pure  Ruby implementation of the TCP/IP RServe protocol, just sending R command by network evaluating on server side and then converting in ruby objects on the client side. The main implementation is in Java and works very well.

The windows version of the "server" RServe sucks in important features, concurrency and others...
On nix you have authentication, detaching,  session, etc...

Then there is a statistical library which I'd like to try.

--
Ra