[BioRuby] [GSoC][NeXML and RDF API] RDF API

Rutger Vos rutgeraldo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 15:58:44 UTC 2010

I was thinking of having commonly used vocabulary defined in the lib so
> someone could use it out of box like: XSD[:double] or CDAO[:foo].

It will probably turn out that this is useful. Perhaps also things such as
Dublin Core, SKOS, DCTerms, Prism, DarwinCore

I think with this design we can maintain loose coupling between the rdf lib
> and bioruby components. I have just begun creating the classes to realize
> the specs, so the design can still be modified completely if I am in a wrong
> direction.
>
> In thinking out the rdf lib, I have mostly referred to the RDF primer and
> Wikipedia. I might have gone wrong on some RDF concepts too. Please correct
> :).

 I like the design, I'm curious to hear how the experts like it. You haven't
mentioned this explicitly here but I know you've been thinking about
recursively nested statements, right?

Rutger

--
Dr. Rutger A. Vos