[BioRuby] Clustal ALN writer

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Tue Jan 5 17:09:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 10:28:28PM +0900, Naohisa GOTO wrote:
> Hi Pjotr,
>
> There is already Bio::Alignment#output_clustal method.
> It is implemented in Bio::Alignment::Output module.
>
> http://bioruby.org/rdoc/classes/Bio/Alignment/Output.html#M000092

I missed that. Still it has no functionality for adding the
match_line, nor for adding extra information lines. Can I modify this
to give this method an optional parameter (list of String) for this?

The Alignment class is not aware of 'imported' match lines (it is Clustal
specific in Bioruby at this stage).

How do you suppose we can do this so I can generate the ALN with
multiple match lines?