[BioRuby] development updates?

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Mon Aug 9 17:28:51 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 10:59:15AM -0500, Chris Fields wrote:
> Just want to add my 2c, from the bioperl perspective.  The vast
> majority of bioperl devs have other jobs or obligations, so when
> they develop for whatever Bio* it tends to be to scratch a
> particular itch (fulfill something they need), and not much beyond
> that.

The few people that go beyond scratching an itch, are the ones we
should really treasure as they get little in return (apart from
criticism).

In particular people like Naohisa (BioRuby) and Chris (BioPerl), who
work on testing and integration, get really very little recognition
for their efforts. Likewise people like Hilmar, Rutger and Christian,
who put in effort guiding students in GSoC and get very little
recognition for their work.

This is a good place to thank you. I notice what you do :). And I
think you are making the world a better place.  Thank you for going
beyond your remit and spending your free time.