[BioRuby] development updates?

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Mon Aug 9 06:43:32 UTC 2010

Sorry, that was a bit rabid. Basically you think we should be
organised differently, and/or share information differently. On the
mailing list you'll find a history of that.

Every OSS project is different. There is no single way. If you want
it differently, take initiative - rather than talking about 'culture'
in other projects.

BioRuby has grown this way, and it works for us. As I see it, all
major developments have been discussed via the list. The latest
developments are GSoC, plugins and BioLib BAM/SAM support (which is
on the biolib mailing list).

Again, I don't mind you want it different. But the way to change
things is to act. With actions gain you respect. And most respect is
gained by writing code. That is true in every OSS project I know.

Everyone can criticise, few really change things.

Pj.