[BioRuby] GSoC project update

Sara Rayburn sararayburn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 17:33:14 UTC 2010

Hi all,

This week I've implemented the generalized version of the speciation/duplication inference algorithm. This extension allows the algorithm to be used on trees with non-binary nodes, however it is based on the unverified implementation found in the java Forester package.

My remaining goals for the rest of the project time are

1) preparing the code for merging with the main bioruby repository.
2) trying to construct an informal proof of correctness of the generalized sdi algorithm.

Thanks,

Sara Rayburn