[BioRuby] Patch for Bug 18019.

Anurag Priyam anurag08priyam at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 16:14:40 UTC 2010

> If you change that code, you need to check if it is right for all kinds of
> files processed with FlatFile.
>
> The regular expression
>
> /^\s$/
>
> will match any empty line whether it is the whole entry or just a part of
> it.
>
> I suspect this change will break parsing BLAST output or any file that
> contain
> internal blank lines.  Did you check them?

I had not. It indeed caused errors.

/\A\s*\z/
> might work as you intend, though I feel this a dirty hack.

I had desired the same effect. This works and passes all the tests. I too
feel that my solution is hackish and I am unsure if it is going to be
accepted or not. Should I create a patch out of it?

But, it was so much fun coming up with my solutions based on the feedbacks.
Even if my patch won't be accepted I learnt a lot and will continue to do so
with further contributions to the community. I hope I am able to suggest
better solutions to some other problems in the future :).

Lessons learnt: Tests are very important!

--
Anurag Priyam
2nd Year,Mechanical Engineering,