[BioRuby] BioRuby 1.3.1 is released

Naohisa GOTO ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp
Wed Sep 2 13:15:46 UTC 2009

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce the release of BioRuby 1.3.1.

The archive is available at:
  http://bioruby.org/archive/bioruby-1.3.1.tar.gz

Web page:
  http://bioruby.org/
  http://bioruby.open-bio.org/
API documentation:
  http://bioruby.org/rdoc/
Bug report:
  http://rubyforge.org/projects/bioruby/

We also put RubyGems pacakge at RubyForge as always.
You can easily install by using RubyGems.
 % sudo gem install bio

You can also obtain bioruby gem file from bioruby.org.
  http://bioruby.org/archive/gems/bio-1.3.1.gem

Here is a brief summary of changes.

 * Refactoring of BioSQL support.
 * Bio::PubMed bug fixes.
 * Bio::NCBI::REST bug fixes.
 * Bio::GCG::Msf bug fixes.
 * Bio::Fasta::Report bug fixes and added support for multiple query
   sequences.
 * Bio::Sim4::Report bug fixes.
 * Added unit tests for Bio::GCG::Msf and Bio::Sim4::Report.
 * License of BioRuby is clarified.

In addition, many changes have been made, mainly bug fixes.
For more information, you can see ChangeLog at

http://github.com/bioruby/bioruby/blob/e731c6e52bc9a672e4546eeca4f2d2d968bdba09/ChangeLog

Hope you enjoy.

P.S.
In the next major release (maybe 1.4.0), PhyloXML, Chromatogram, and
many other new functions developed in GitHub will be merged.

Naohisa Goto
ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp / ng at bioruby.org