[BioRuby] Bioruby PhyloXML update

Raoul JP Bonnal bonnalraoul at ingm.it
Wed May 27 07:30:53 UTC 2009

Hi Diana,
a portability issue.
Have you guys verified if LibXML::XML is it running on JRuby ? I don't
think so because it's implemented in C. A solution could be
this http://github.com/mguterl/libxml-jruby/tree/master but today I
can't access to it, probably due to my network problems.

Some test, 1 year ago - last post -:
http://www.nabble.com/comparing-xml-parsing-in-JRuby-and-MRI-td16268560.html#a16268560

this is the test code - good portability example too - :
https://svn.concord.org/svn/projects/trunk/common/ruby/xml_benchmarks/xml_benchmarks.rb

Cheers.