[BioRuby] Fwd: [BioSQL-l] BioSQL at BOSC 2009?

George Githinji georgkam at gmail.com
Sat May 16 12:20:59 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, May 16, 2009 at 3:12 PM
Subject: [BioSQL-l] BioSQL at BOSC 2009?
To: biosql-l <biosql-l at lists.open-bio.org>
Cc: Jason Stajich <jason at bioperl.org>

Hi,

Will any of the key BioSQL people from the Bio* projects be at BOSC
(and ISMB) this year? http://open-bio.org/wiki/BOSC_2009

There will be several people from Biopython there this year, including
me and Brad Chapman who are both familiar with BioSQL.  This would be
a nice opportunity for further improving BioSQL compatibility between
the Bio* projects - something that has been suggested in the past,
e.g.

http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2007-November/003893.html
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biojava-l/2007-November/006037.html

I don't follow the BioPerl, BioJava or BioRuby mailing lists - and I
doubt many of their developers follow the Biopython mailing lists.
So, rather than having any BioSQL compatibility discussions split over
individual Bio* project specific mailing lists, it seems using the
BioSQL mailing list is most appropriate.

I have CC'd a few key people just in case they are not on the BioSQL
mailing list, if I have missed anyone please forward this to them and
ask them to sign up.

Thanks,

Peter