[BioRuby] Import Python modules in Ruby...

Naohisa GOTO ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp
Wed Jun 17 10:10:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:14:07 -0400
Sharvari Gujja <sgujja at broad.mit.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know if there is a way to import Python modules into Ruby. I
> downloaded the Ruby/Python library to embed the Python interpreter.

Where did you download the "Ruby/Python library" from?

I found two similar libraries.

http://www.goto.info.waseda.ac.jp/~fukusima/ruby/python-e.html

but "Last modified: Mon Sep 11 02:30:10 JST 2000"
indicates no support for current version of Ruby and Python.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubypython/

It can be installed by using rubygems, but it seems there are
no Windows binary for the gem and Visual C++ compiler may be
needed. In addition, appropriate version of python must be
installed.

Because they are not specific to bioruby nor bioinformatics,
if no response here, please ask questions or discuss about
them in another mailing list, maybe in ruby-talk.

Naohisa Goto
ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp / ng at bioruby.org