[BioRuby] Bioruby PhyloXML: method for iterating to the next tree, without returning anything

Diana Jaunzeikare rozziite at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 14:37:27 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Now I have a method next_tree which parses the phylogeny element and all its
sub elements and returns a tree. I propose to have a method for iterating to
the next tree (maybe call it skip_tree), without actually parsing it, but
advancing the libxml reader to the next phylogeny element.

The reason I think this might be useful is because, for example, in my unit
tests I work with one tree at a time. To get to specific tree  I call
next_tree several times, but don't use any of the returned data. Maybe other
people also will need such functionality. Having a method skip_tree would
make the process faster since it would not actually parse the elements and
would not create objects.

What do you think?

Diana