[BioRuby] Tutorial situation

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Wed Feb 25 12:16:57 UTC 2009

Thanks everyone, and Naohisa in particular, for the new release!

I would like discuss the Tutorial situation. Currently we have a
wiki, which is updated by people, and a Tutorial.rd in the source
tree. They are not in sync.

I like the .rd version as it is a generator and I can use it for
automated testing of the embedded source code - so we know the docs
are up-to-date. On the other hand, the wiki is nice since it is proven
to get updates from occasional users.

The tutorial is a much used resource for introducing BioRuby. I
think we need a solution to synchronize them.

One option is to generate .rd from mediawiki - that would allow quick
diffing. But there is no such tool.

One we have one source I am happy to update the tutorial again.

Any ideas for a resolution?