[BioRuby] Google Summer of Code BioRuby project: Looking for co-mentors

Christian M Zmasek czmasek at burnham.org
Wed Apr 1 18:31:12 UTC 2009

Hi, Joel:

 From my own experience as a co-mentor last year, the time requirement
is rather limited.
The project I co-mentored was "phyloXML in BioRuby". Since I am
knowledgeable about phyloXML I mainly helped out with questions related
to it.

Of course, for this year's project "phyloXML in BioRuby", it will be the
opposite. Since I am the main-mentor I will/am handling all the issues
related to the application process/midterm
evaluation/final-evaluation/phyloXML. But I would feel more comfortable,
if I had one or two co-mentors with significant Ruby and BioRuby
experience who could help out if questions specific to these languages
arise.

Christian

PS: The project still needs to be accepted by the Nescent organization.
Last year, there were about 15 projects, and only five got accepted
(since Google gave Nescent five slots, Nescent had to decide which
projects they liked the most).