[BioRuby] blatanalyzer.rb

Davide Rambaldi davide.rambaldi at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Mon Sep 8 12:31:45 UTC 2008

Hi,

    I have published a first version of my command-line "application"
that use BioRuby: blatanalyzer at http://rubyforge.org/projects/
blatanalyzer/.

Blatanalyzer is a software to analize the output of blat software
alignment (PSL files): list query names,sort by identity, coverage,
score, span. convert to: gff, gtf formats generate: report tables,
PSL, GFF and GTF files

Available Actions: gff, list, cut, duplicates, gtf, report,
singletons, table, summary

gff,gtf: conversion to gff,gtf

list: generate list of query names

cut: extract psl alignments over/under a given threshold (identity,
span, coverage, score)

report, table, summary:
generate pretty reports, table is like the web-blat output table,
report is a custom table with coverage and span, summary print a list
of query names with number of alignments and number of distinct
chromosomes target.

more actions coming...

basically is composed by:

- an OptionParser class
- a Bio::Blat::Application class (implement actions)
- a Bio::Blat::Analyzer class (subclass of Bio::Blat::Report)

Any suggestion is really appreciated!

Davide Rambaldi,
Bioinformatics PhD student.
Bioinformatic Group IFOM-IEO Campus