[BioRuby] trace files (scf/abi) and ruby/bioruby

Naohisa GOTO ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp
Fri Oct 3 03:42:09 UTC 2008

Hi,

For ABI traces, as far as I know, some person made previously,
but all codes are lost now.

http://open-bio.org/pipermail/bioruby/2005-September/000128.html
but I cannot access to the URL described in the above archive.

I don't remember why it wasn't included in bioruby, but,
the thread of ML archive suggests that no one made any efforts
to change the code adopting the development guideline.

As Jan says, looking at bioperl, biopython, biojava, Staden, etc.
and to write your own code seems good.

Naohisa Goto
ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp / ng at bioruby.org