[BioRuby] GFF3 attribute parser problems

Pjotr Prins pjotr2008 at thebird.nl
Mon Jun 30 07:34:32 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 11:57:39AM +1000, Ben Woodcroft wrote:
> I have attempted a fix, and pushed it to github. I forked the main
> branch, not the testing one, because I class this as a bug fix, not a
> new feature. Available at
> http://github.com/wwood/bioruby/tree/master

I think that is the correct thing to do. I had an E-mail questioning
the role of bioruby-testing-central - or whether new development
should not happen against the main tree. I would have it like this:

New feature development can happen against the main tree with the
blessing of the main tree maintainers. bioruby-testing-central is for
development that is, for one reason or another, not encouraged in the
main tree. Truly a *testing* tree, for people to play with. Like I am
doing with my microarray stuff now. Once my microarray code matures it
may well be it goes into main.

Naturally everyone can branch of in such a way, on his or her own. But
this way new feature development is visible to all. That is what it
is for. I encourage using this tree for all things experimental.