[BioRuby] Post Hackathon tasks

K. Shameer shameer at ncbs.res.in
Wed Feb 20 16:19:13 UTC 2008

Dear All,

Here is my .5 cents :)

* Flat file conversion module (Genbank, FASTA, PIR, EMBL, SP, etc. )
Is there any flat file/feature rich format conversion module in BioRuby.
If it is not there it will be nice to see one in the next release. This
will be one of the basic and useful utility.

* Revised tutorials are always welcome Alex, Hope you will include the
examples based on the last two bio.pdb doubts as well.

* More examples are required in Gene Ontology

* It will be great if some one who implimented a bioruby + rails
application using can explain it in the tutorial section.

*** I am interested to contribute to BioRuby project, It will be great if
somebody can direct me to do some works. Documentation work will be fine
in the beginning and later I can contribute some modules as well.

Cheers,
--
K. Shameer
Senior Research Fellow