[BioRuby] BLAST hit, which strand

Marc Hoeppner marc.hoeppner at molbio.su.se
Thu Apr 24 12:08:00 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a question concerning BLAST::RESULT objects in BioRuby.
I followed the tutorial and available documentation to integrate blast
into my application, but I noticed that pretty much everything is
returned from BLAST except the strand a particular hit or hsp was
identified on.
It is available for objects of the class
Bio::Blast::Default::Report::HSP (according to the API documentation
anyway) - but what I get back when I run BLAST according to the tutorial
is an object of the class Bio::Blast::Report::HSP - which does not
return the 'hit_strand'.

Is it me, am I missing something or is this a problem with BioRuby?

Cheers,
Marc

--

Marc P. Hoeppner