[BioRuby] Sequence format conversion

Anthony Underwood email2ants at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 11:25:08 UTC 2008

Hi Noahisa, Hi all

I have recently run into the lack of functionality in reading in a
sequence in one format and converting to another. The ouput(:format)
method does not seem to be available to a Bio::Sequence::NA object
made from reading in a Genbank flat-file and calling the seq method.
Is there any way I can contribute to this since IMHO it is one of the
basics of bioinformatics.

Jan informed me that a CVS branch was made at the biohakathon and
suggested that I drop a line to you Noahisa and to the list. Perhaps I
can help with new branch?

All the best

Anthony