[BioRuby] How to renumber a PDB file using BioRuby ?

K. Shameer shameer at ncbs.res.in
Thu Apr 10 06:32:04 UTC 2008

Dear All,

I have  a pdb file ( in perfect pdb format, no hetatm, no solvent, single
chain file). I need to renumber the whole pdb file, for example if my
input file is 1CRN.pdb and it starts with residue number 1, I need to
renumber them so that first resiude number will be 12, next 13, 14... like
that. I want to know if I can specifically access the residue number and
increment it from first residue using my new number (here it will be
residue_number  +  12)and regenerate the file.

Anybody had tried this before,

Thanks in advance for any help,
K. Shameer