[BioRuby] seeking advice on displaying sequence features

jan aerts (RI) jan.aerts at bbsrc.ac.uk
Fri Oct 26 16:49:11 UTC 2007

Hi Bernd.

Good to hear that people are flocking around ruby and bioruby.

The Bio::Graphics module (that integrates with bioruby) does part of the job that you want to do. Have a look at http://bio-graphics.rubyforge.org That website will give you an idea of the type of picture you can generate. At the moment, it does only that: generate the picture. There is no interactivity available yet apart from making it possible to create clickable glyphs (if you open the picture in a web browser).

I think part of the things you want to do would involve a Rails application. I do have a proof-of-concept working (was pretty easy), but there is no release or something of a Rails-based tool that uses Bio::Graphics.

I hope this can help you a bit further.

If you've got any more questions, just let the mailing list know...

jan.